Saturday, February 11, 2012

Help me find the guy who stole my purse!?

Alright, to make a VERY long story short...my purse got stolen about a week ago, and even though I was very careful to cancel all my accounts before the thief had time to really screw me over, he did have access to some checks of mine from an account I rarely use. Well, homeboy decided it would be a good idea to pay his T-Mobile bill with one of my checks. Luckily my bank is really cool and I'm not going to be responsible for anything he wrote, but the problem is, he's got my social security card which makes me supernervous (I've already notified the credit agencies). But I would really like to find this S.O.B. Sooooo....I've done some research and the Fair Credit Reporting Act gives me the right to demand information about the account my check was attempted to be posted to. So, I call up T-Mobile and they gave me the name of the account and the number. Unfortunately no address because it's a prepaid phone and with those types of plans, you don't have to have an address. To make payments, you must have a billing address, but the theif supplied MY billing address to T-Mobile. (He has my drivers license too) So I have just a name and number. I've tried to do a white pages lookup of the name, reverse phone lookup and criminal record search but turned up nothing. However, when you call the cell phone number, someone answers. I hung up because I had no idea what to say. I don't want to scare the theif away because I plan on reporting my findings to the police, but without an address they refuse to help me. I'm thinking about calling the number and pretend to be someone else, like from a company or something, and see if they will "verify" their address for me so I can find them! So my question is, what should I make up to say? I'm not normally a very sneaky person but I really want to find the person who is making my life miserable!Help me find the guy who stole my purse!?
call him and say "hello Mr. _____ this is T-mobile and we are calling about a payment you made long ago. To verify your payments we need (ask him more details).





but anyhoo, if you have as much information as a first and last name and a phone number, the police really should be able to help you!! give the police the number, and if they manage to get a conversation with him for at least 10 seconds, they should be able to trace the phone call.Help me find the guy who stole my purse!?
You can get this info out of him if you're careful and you plan what you're going to say. You need to offer him something, for instance, say he has won free cellphone credit or shopping vouchers or something like that. Put on your best telephone voice and practice your pitch. Resist the urge to yell at him, I know he's a scumbag but if he's stealing purses, he's obviously not that smart. He probably doesn't have a job, so call him at around 10 in the morning, he'll be awake but in bed or still asleep, you can catch him off guard. If you've got the nerve, tell him you're from the welfare department and you need to send him a cheque for some money that due to him, I bet you'll get his address in a couple of minutes! Good luck, be careful and I hope you get a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment