Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where does domain hotcopot.info come from?

i received a strange email from an email address *******@hotcopot.info



wondered who it was



can not get any info when doin email reverse lookupWhere does domain hotcopot.info come from?
This is a new website which is why you won't find anything on a google search yet. This site was created on Jan 16, 2009.



The Registrants name is Karl Heinz Bentrup.

Address, Oerlinghausen Simonsplatz 8, Bielefeld,

Postal Code 33813, Denmark



The registrant's listed email is, karlheinz_bentrup@yahoo.com



http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=hotcopot.info%26amp;prog_id=godaddy



Click the link to godaddy and see for yourself. Obviously it's spam. I recieved a letter asking when a certain person named Linda can see me again from. I most certainly do not know anyone named Linda who would be using a web based email program originating in Denmark, that has only been a website for three days at this writing.
I can't speak to the Denmark portion but I had an email from a linda23 as well. Obviously a social phishing scam of some kind. Delete this garbage if you don't know the person.Where does domain hotcopot.info come from?
I got an email by the same domain and I have no idea who it is either. Pretty weird....Where does domain hotcopot.info come from?
Me too. I didnt open it. Did you?? What happened??
  • colorsilk revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment