Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What can I do about collection calls for accounts that aren't mine?

Lately, I have been receiving numerous phone calls to my cell phone on a daily basis from (800) 240-1195. Doing a reverse lookup, I discovered that the number belongs to CBCS, a nation-wide collection agency. Recently, they have started leaving generic voicemails stating that they鈥檙e trying to collect a debt and to give them a call. They don鈥檛 mention my name or what it鈥檚 for. I pulled my three-bureau FICO credit reports last week for an unrelated matter and all of them came out excellent with no notes or comments regarding collections. I鈥檓 in the middle of a dispute with another collection agency for a past-due landline phone bill that never belonged to me at an address I have never lived at. That situation is about to be settled since I provided the proof they need to show it鈥檚 not mine. However, I don鈥檛 want to go through that same process for whoever is calling me now from CBCS. Should I just ignore the calls or actually answer them to find out what the heck is going on?What can I do about collection calls for accounts that aren't mine?
Talk with them and get it straightened out. Otherwise they will continue to call you, that's what they get paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment