Saturday, February 4, 2012

What kind of information can you get from a simple phone number?

It's a long story but someone stole my phone. I know who the person was but don't know anything about him other than his first name and the street he lives on (a long street, doesn't narrow it down).



So. Within hours of realizing my phone had been stolen I marched my *** up to the cell phone store and got a new one. Then someone called the number looking for him! I tried to play it cool and the person on the other end gave me *their* land line number as a message.



Then my bill reset today so I could see all the numbers that were dialed by the theif during the short time the phone worked for him. I have four numbers. A reverse lookup on whitepages only reveals that they are cell phones in NY and one in Suffolk county (no names, addresses).



Anyway my question is how can I get any info out of these numbers? What would you suggest as far as getting info or using the numbers, etc?What kind of information can you get from a simple phone number?
All sorts of info. I use a private detective in my law practice that can often get cell phone billing addresses from a reverse lookup but she pays for the service and charges me. Also, a sheriff's deputy I know uses his govt system for just what you are doing. He tells me it is for govt only and will not even look up one for me once in a while.



Much information is out there, however with privacy laws you may have to pay to get to it.



Remember that cell phone companies can even tell you what towers where used to make calls, this is how they bill and they have that info but may not give it to you without a warrant or subpeona.



I suggest you turn it over to the police. Theft is a crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment