Saturday, February 11, 2012

Help me find the guy who stole my purse!!!?

Alright, to make a VERY long story short...my purse got stolen about a week ago, and even though I was very careful to cancel all my accounts before the thief had time to really screw me over, he did have access to some checks of mine from an account I rarely use. Well, homeboy decided it would be a good idea to pay his T-Mobile bill with one of my checks. Luckily my bank is really cool and I'm not going to be responsible for anything he wrote, but the problem is, he's got my social security card which makes me supernervous (I've already notified the credit agencies). But I would really like to find this S.O.B. Sooooo....I've done some research and the Fair Credit Reporting Act gives me the right to demand information about the account my check was attempted to be posted to. So, I call up T-Mobile and they gave me the name of the account and the number. Unfortunately no address because it's a prepaid phone and with those types of plans, you don't have to have an address. To make payments, you must have a billing address, but the theif supplied MY billing address to T-Mobile. (He has my drivers license too) So I have just a name and number. I've tried to do a white pages lookup of the name, reverse phone lookup and criminal record search but turned up nothing. However, when you call the cell phone number, someone answers. I hung up because I had no idea what to say. I don't want to scare the theif away because I plan on reporting my findings to the police, but without an address they refuse to help me. I'm thinking about calling the number and pretend to be someone else, like from a company or something, and see if they will "verify" their address for me so I can find them! So my question is, what should I make up to say? I'm not normally a very sneaky person but I really want to find the person who is making my life miserable!Help me find the guy who stole my purse!!!?
The purse is in a dumpster, along with the unusable contents.
Turn whatever you have over to the police and stop playing detective. As long as your bank and credit cards reverse any of the fraudulent charges, you no longer the victim. The bank and credit card company will back charge the merchants. It will them be the merchants problem to pursue the thief. You will probably never find out who actually stole your purse.



If you have not already done so, freeze your credit files at all three credit bureaus. That way no one can open a new account in your name.Help me find the guy who stole my purse!!!?
Sorry this happened. Don't try to solve it yourself. Say you do trick the guy and get him to meet you somewhere. Then what?



Instead, call the police and report it. The cell phone companies can use their cell towers to track the phone by the signal it sends out and will try to catch the guy. Don't just focus on the purse - focus on the bank fraud.



In the meantime, focus on restoring your personal indentity security. Ask the SS Administration to put a fraud alert on your SS# and ask them to issue you a new number. Get a fraud alert put on your credit reports. Cancel all accounts, cards, etc.



Good luck.Help me find the guy who stole my purse!!!?
First calm down. Let the bank handle it. They will go after him. They have more contacts then you have. Just thank God he didn't try to kill you for it.

Canceling the credit was smart. Now put it on fraud alert through Trans Union Fraud Dept. Their toll free # 1-800-680-7289. They will notify the other 2 bureaus and must be renewed every 90 days to keep it active. What will happen then if he tries to use or open a new account, they will notify you and ask if you applied for a new card. You should also run your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com or call them toll free @ 1-877-322-8228 for all 3 free reports. If there is something you're not aware of on the report, dispute it immediately.
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment