Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where can I get a free phone # for online acquaintances? Dont want to give out my actual # for privacy concern?

I have online acquaintances through a support group and we want to exchange phone numbers, but I don't want to give out my real cell phone number due to the fact that you can do reverse lookup, which reveals your address and everything, and you never know who people are online really. i don't want some creepy person showing up at my front door. Some of the people in the group I haven't known very long yet.



Is there anywhere you can get a FREE "online" phone number that will forward the calls to your cell phone? I took a look at google voice, but it looks like you need an invitation to do that, and I don't know how long it takes to receive the invitation.Where can I get a free phone # for online acquaintances? Dont want to give out my actual # for privacy concern?
if you set up a google voice account, you get a phone number, and when someone calls that number, it can be forwarded to your phone, and it's all free.

No comments:

Post a Comment