Saturday, February 11, 2012

Received Pkg via USPS I didn't order?

I received a certified pkg in the mail that I signed for. The address on the box was 100 percent correct to be me. There was no name on the certified slip as to who it was from, nothing on the outside or inside to say who it is from. It had valuables inside and I figured it was from a relatives estate that knew I collected these items. Several days later my wife received a phone call and all they said was that they wanted the box back. I did a reverse phone lookup and found the website and the phone nbr and email were on the site so I sent them a letter stating that I had the pkg and have opened it. I'm not sure how they got my address but it's obvious a mistake on their part and will probably have to send it back after they prove what was in the box and pay my expenses and time. We are in our 70'ies and this has been very upsetting to both of us.Received Pkg via USPS I didn't order?
Here's what I perceive to be your question. What is YOUR responsibility in returning the items, or are you even required to return it?



Technically, it was delivered to you. There was no fraud or intent on your part. So, really, you don't have to do anything. On the other hand, if there is enough value, they could sue for its return as you know it wasn't meant for you. And someone else has been deprived of that value. So, regardless of value, do the right thing and return it.



But, how much effort on your part? None. Let THEM send a box to repackage it, including a pre-printed mailing label, and paid for by THEIR account. Also, pickup of the package by THEIR account. It's their error, and THEIR responsibility to go through the work of returning it. Not yours.



If they are unwilling to do that, then it's not important enough to them, and your obligation is done.Received Pkg via USPS I didn't order?
If you can,call the website that it was sent from and ask them what happened! Ask them how they got your name and/or your postal address! Also,say you will return it at there expense. Ask them to mail you a box and ask them to have USPS,Fed Ex to pick it up. You shouldn't even have to drive anywhere. Return it at their expense.Received Pkg via USPS I didn't order?
I am in my 60麓s and I do not see a single question in your explanation, so I am not blaming age for this. The header of receiving a package is not really a question, it just ends with a question mark. Is there a question you would like to ask? If so I would suggest you edit your entry and ask the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment