Saturday, February 11, 2012

Is there a certain of level of creepy that can be called illegal (please help, I'm really scared)?

Alright, so I have a bit of a problem. I met a guy at the beach. He was nice, newly single, and seemingly polite. I really wasn't looking for a new relationship and I told him this but he said he was willing to be friends so I gave him my number, happily thinking that I had made a new friend. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning with 19 missed calls and 18 voice-mails (all of which he called me "sweetie" and mentioned that he "loved me"). Sufficiently creeped out, I decided to kinda keep my space from him and not really return his calls and the one time I did answer one of his calls he immediately informed me that he "had a hotass temper" as if it were a threat.



That was about a week and a half ago. He still calls me at least 5 times every day, though I don't pick-up, and leaves voice-mails saying that he loves me and just today I get a voice-mail message in which he says that in a week he plans to visit me. He didn't really say it in a threatening way, but just as if he were politely informing me but after about two weeks of these creepy phone calls, I'm really scared by even the idea of him showing up at my home.



So now I'm concerned for my own safety, not to mention the safety of my family. I'm just wondering if it is actually possible for the guy to locate me with nothing more than my cellphone number (he doesn't even know my real first name since I introduced myself with my nickname)? I know that some sites advertise that they can, but is it actually possible? I just tried that PhoneDetective site (a reverse cellphone lookup site) and it is showing up what might be my old address (it says it wont give the address unless I pay money but it's showing up as my old town and county but that could just be because of my area code). So now I'm also scared for the people that now live there, but I'm still rather scared for me. Can the police actually get involved with this, because I don't think he's actually done anything illegal yet unless they've finally made being super creepy illegal?



Also any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Can the police actually get involved?

Will changing my number solve this and keep him from being able to find me?



Please, any advice would be really appreciated.Is there a certain of level of creepy that can be called illegal (please help, I'm really scared)?
The first thing you should do is not lead this guy on and tell him once and for all that he is creepy as hell and you want him to stop calling you and to leave you alone. Next thing to do would be to go to the police and get their advice, save all of the messages and call logs to show them. I'm not so sure a restraining order is a good idea unless he shows up at your house, because if you put a restraining order on him then by law he has to know your address so he knows where to avoid.

Good luck. My niece is going through the same thing with some freak she met online only he tried to force himself on her when she met him. So whatever you do not meet this guy in person for anything.
Check with the police in your area.



If you tell him to stop calling and he doesn't, that is "phone harassment" in my state and you can have him arrested.Is there a certain of level of creepy that can be called illegal (please help, I'm really scared)?
Do tell the police. Take your post.



You have learned a valuable lesson i hope. The world is full of strange, possibly dangerous people - walking around and on the net. Don't give out info., take rides etc.



I hope you have told your parents.Is there a certain of level of creepy that can be called illegal (please help, I'm really scared)?
i would change the # or block his.

this guy sounds like a murderer in the making

i would address this to the police because this is considered harassment so you might be able to place a restraining order on him.
Notify the police right away. You are being Stalked and you need to take this seriously.



Change your number right away, change your e-mail address right away.



Here is a web site that will give you some valuable information about stalking and what you can do about.





http://www.womenshealth.gov/violence/typ鈥?/a>
Changing your phone number and never seeing him again is a good idea or another good idea is calling the police they could take him to jail for a day(maybe)

hope this helped
First: Immediately contact your local police department to report the phone harassment. If he persists, he can be arrested.

Second: Change your phone number or contact your provider to have his number permanently blocked. Your cell phone company, by law, cannot provide anyone, except law enforcement, with your account information. And, even then, there has to be certain criteria for law enforcement to obtain your information.

Third: Never give your cell phone out to someone who you have talked to for 15 minutes. That is about the most crazy thing you could have done. You can never learn enough about someone in 15 minutes to be secure in knowing who they really are.
Call your phone provider, ask them to block the number. No, they can't look up your exact location without your consent. This website is a scam, they tell you the location based on the area code, and then you pay and get nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment